Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Forever 21

Black, short-sleeved, velvet blazer, Forever 21. Red silk blouse, Newport News. Black cami, Victoria’s Secret. Pinstriped pants, Forever 21. Black pumps, Michelle D. Multi-strand faux pearl necklace, JC Penney.

Although I love the store, going into Forever 21 invariably makes me feel fat and old. When I first encountered the store, I was confused about the “21.” Was it a price point or an age? Evidently, it is an age, although the average age of the shoppers and staff is probably 17, making me feel like a wrinkly old hag at 31. The clothes are sized for 12-year-olds. I wear an XS or S in women’s stores. At Forever 21, I’m a M or L. Still, it’s a great place to find cheap, trendy items. I just bought this blazer last weekend.

1 comment:

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Hun I feel the exact same way about Forever 21. Their clothes definitely run very small and some of them are super-cute and look real nice and quite expensive but most of them are made cheap and no wonder they cost chap, too. Anyway you lucked out with this blazer. You have some beautiful velvet blazers, Kasmira.