Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bumblebee

Jacket, Heart Moon Stars. Satin cami, borrowed from Londyn. Lace edged cami (beneath the satin cami) NY & Co. Pinstriped pants, Forever 21. Brooch, Burlington Coat Factory. Headband, Bitten. Clutch, Express. Pumps, Bandolino. Watch, Gucci.



I’m bringing home a baby bumble bee.
Won’t my momma be so proud of me?


One of my sisters (nicknamed “Buggy”) used to pet bumblebees. I was never brave enough to follow suit.

Yellow and black always reminds me of bees. My worst “bee” experience happened on a trip to Ecuador. I was hiking through the steamy jungle, eating Jolly Ranchers. I reached into my pocket for another candy and was stung by a wasp attracted to the sticky sweetness. Since then, I’ve been wary of keeping sweets in my pockets.

10 comments:

Christy said...

I know you say you hardly ever like to wear trousers, but I don't see why—they look great on you!

Katy said...

Despite the fact that most people think "black & yellow=bee" I quite like the color combination and think you wore it very nicely!

Pearly said...

I think this is my first comment! I have your blog in my googlereader so I don't actually visit the site often. Anywho, this is a very cute combo, the softer colors aren't saying bumble bee to me, just cute.

Caught Eating Butter said...

Your hair is freaking DARLING! And there's that clutch I love!

Leslie said...

Love the pattern mixing!

bekster said...

I love this one!

Audi said...

This is lovely and soft looking. I'm totally going to copy that color combo.

KLC said...

Your reference to Jolly Ranchers made me smile. When I was a kid in WA (near where you grew up, I imagine) we used to have Jolly Ranchers all the time. Now that I live in NC, I nearly forgot about them. I wonder if they're a West Coast thing, a kid thing, a 90s thing, or something I just don't see anymore because I shop at Whole Foods!

WendyB said...

Cute jacket.

Anonymous said...

I love this color combo! P.S. Mentally going through my closet to see if I can copy!