Wednesday, March 03, 2010

WCC Year 3, Spring: Day 3

Although I’m wearing a capsule wardrobe this week, I don’t intend to abandon my New Year’s resolution of wearing something from a non-traditional retail source each day. On Monday, I wore a thrifted dress. On Tuesday, I wore a bracelet from a Wardrobe Swap Shop swap. Today, I’m wearing a brooch that I made.

Blazer, Forever 21. Knit shell, Cherokee. Skirt, Moda International. Tights, Stocking Diva. Shabooties, Madden Girl (Skout). Brooch, self-made.

Don’t be impressed at my jewelry making skills. All I did was hot-glue a couple of brooch fastenings to the back of an appliqué I bought at the fabric store.

Today, I’m wearing yesterday’s skirt.

Clothing Items (4 of 10)
3. Shabooties
5. Gray skirt
7. Blazer
8. Knit shell

Accessories (2 of 5)
1. Tote (not pictured)
3. Brooch


16 comments:

Julia said...

The tights are rockin and I love all the peachy tones! Beautiful with your hair!

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin' the tights too! Your brooch is a gem, too!

Suzanne
http://suzydirl.wordpress.com

Rosie Unknown said...

This is my fave outfit of your in a while. Not sure why, I just really love it.

Sheila said...

I love those tights...to die for.

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

What a cool idea about the wardrobe capsule challenge! I wish I'd seen this soon enough! Darn! Next time :)

I'm loving this skirt, looks fantastic.

www.amandalconquer.blogspot.com

A

Megan G said...

Looove the tights, the skirt's pretty awesome too. The brooch looks like it's made for that outfit. ^_^

Honeybunches of Roses said...

you look adorable and those tights are to die for!

Unknown said...

I love the way you've tied in all the colours. Brilliant.

Anonymous said...

I have loved all your wardrobe capsule outfits this week! The colors you are choosing are so flattering and the fit of everything has look superb.

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed with how the brooch and the wild tights echo each other.

WendyB said...

The tights are hypnotic!

Unknown said...

great legs!!

maryeb said...

Really cute. It's so much fun to see how you pair the same item of clothing with different clothes and accessories. You've really helped me expand how I think about dressing.

BTW I am impressed at how you thought of making that brooch. That idea never would have occurred to me. Thanks for the tip.

Unknown said...

This is my new favorite Kasmira outfit!

gina said...

I love this outfit! I like how all the pieces pull different colors from the tights.

Katie Aman said...

Hey! I'm new to the blogging world...I just wanted to say that I think you are simply lovely and your blog made me want to start my own-and I love it! Thanks for being an inspiration :)