Saturday, March 06, 2010

Kick Off

After our show on Saturday night, I headed to Mynt Martini for the Cincinnati Fashion Week kick-off party. I suspected I might be underdressed, but I was sandwiching my attendance between an evening performance and a cast party. Comfort and warmth won out over glamour.

Jacket, Dex (swap). Dress, London Times. Belt, thrifted. Tights, We Love Colors. Boots, Diba. Owl brooch, swap. Earrings, Urban Outfitters.


I’m not often downtown at 11 p.m. on a Saturday. I had forgotten that the streets are full of bar-hopping, 20-somethings. Feeling overly dressed among all the half-naked ladies, I talked my way past a cover at Mynt, but was unable to find any official Fashion Week goings-on. (I was over 2 hours late to the party and the place was PACKED with drinkers and dancers by the time I arrived.) Still, I enjoyed a Lemon Drop martini and reminisced about my own (long gone) drunken dancing days.

Don’t worry about the missed connection. I plan to be on time for the Fashion Week events in April. I might even dress appropriately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are hardcore to seek out a party post-show, lady! I hope the bouncer you sweet-talked appreciated your owl.

amyw said...

I'm 17 and can't wait for my dancing days to start :)