Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Curses

…foiled again!

Today was supposed to be the day I brought my scooter home. Unfortunately, it was also forecast to be the coldest day of the year, so far. So the scooter’s homecoming has been postponed. It’s not too big of a deal since I still can’t legally ride it.


Sweater, Laura Leigh Ltd. Dress, London Times (handed-down and shortened). Turtleneck, Mossimo. Tights, We Love Colors. Boots, Rampage. Bag, Payless.

I wore this outfit so that I could pull on jeggings beneath the dress and a leather jacket over and then don leather boots and gloves to be properly dressed for my introductory scooter lesson. It was a good plan, but the temperatures just didn’t cooperate. (The high was forecast to be 24.)

This was actually my second attempt to bring my scooter home. Last time, it was 34 degrees and raining. I hope the third time is the charm.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great lipstick! I could never be so daring.

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the scooter. Not sure you'll be getting WARMER temps anytime soon either.

Those tassels are so sassy.

Erin said...

I swear, it's like the start of a new Ice Age. Can you scooter in an Ice Age?

However, your layering techniques have given me some fabulous ides for staying warm on the frozen tundra. So if we all have to walk around during the Ice Age, we'll at least be cozy!

Sheila said...

I used to own a scooter! They are a blast!

Awesome outfit! - I love the earth tones against that lovely chartreuse wall.

lawyerdoll said...

I love the points on the scarf- what does it look like off the body? I'd love to find/make my own!

Chrysta @ LiveAndLoveWork.com said...

I don't scoot unless it's at least 30 degrees and that's a pretty cold scooter ride! Finger crossed for better weather next time.

Kasmira said...

lawyerdoll - here's a picture of it unfolded:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3248/3031547859_c74fe2bfaa.jpg

Unknown said...

Great outfit and thank you for the idea - I have similar boots and skirt and I really hadn't thought of pairing them since it is a light fabric - it looks great!