Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Jonesy

I have only a few Jones New York pieces because retail prices are a little steeper than I’m prepared to pay. I am always delighted to find this brand in the thrift stores because it tends to hold up very well. I can’t even tell that this striped top was worn before.


Tee, Jones New York Signature (thrifted). Scarf, thrifted. Skirt, from my USMC service uniform (embellished). Tights, Urban Outfitters. Boots, Rampage. Bracelet, Serket Jewelry.



I’ve bought one Jones New York dress new (at a heavy discount, though!) and thrifted a Jones New York Country skirt. I’m happy to add a third piece to my collection!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The double stripes are such fun!

Mrs.M in MI said...

You may want to check out the "Joneswear" brand at JCPenney. It is part of the Jones New York family, and cheaper, but the quality is still amazing. I have a few pieces that I bought a couple years ago, have worn to death, and are still going strong.

Trystan L. Bass said...

Ooo, twice the stripes! Fantastic.

Carol in Indian Springs Village said...

Don't you love Jones? Don't like paying the prices but the pieces seem to hold up really well. And am I imagining things or has your wardrobe meen a little more subdued lately? Maybe because of the winter weather and grey skies? At least they are grey where I am.

Sheila said...

Jones New York is carried by one of the major department stores here and gets heavily discounted on their sale racks (I used to love their jeans). Joneswear is their more sporty line.

Great outfit! I love the pop of red and the striped tights.

Sero said...

I just snatched up a silk JNY skirt at Goodwill! I have a couple items (all thrifted)--but I've noticed that thrifting has kind of ruined me for non-thrifted clothes. They all seem too expensive, and it sort of ruins the 'thrill of the hunt.' Does anyone have any other brands to suggest that hold up well at the thrift store? I love finding Pendleton Wool Mill stuff--the older skirts usually have a ton of material so I can easily alter them to my style.

ReaderRita said...

I covet that zebra dress in a big way...

Anonymous said...

"Shame"? No way! Just found your blog and will be looking for a USMC skirt to enhance like you did. You inspire me!