Sunday, June 03, 2012

American Prepster

I just realized that every American Eagle item I own is pretty preppy. This thrifted gingham shirt and cotton skirt are no exception.


Shirt, American Eagle (thrifted). Skirt, American Eagle (dyed from khaki to light blue). Shoes, Lela Rose for Payless. Hat, Charlotte Russe. Owl brooch (on hat), thrifted. Cuff, Urban Outfitters. Belt, thrifted.



Not only are the clothes surprisingly preppy, but they’ve lasted a long time. The shirt was thrifted and I’ve worn it multiple times. The skirt was purchased in 2000. My other AE items are also going strong: wedge loafers from Fall 2008 (AE for Payless*) and a corduroy blazer that I don’t even remember buying.

I’ve gotten a lot more use out of a teeny bopper brand than I would have expected!

Photos by Beefy Muchacho with the Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 35 mm 1:1.8G lens.

*Edited on 6/5 to address the identification of the wedge loafers as "AE for Payless." The Payless American Eagle brand has no affiliation with American Eagle Outfitters. I was fooled!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Hmm I didn't know AE did an actual line for Payless. Usually I see the American Eagle brand at Payless a lot - but they always have that little note that says "American Eagle" by Payless is not affiliated with American Eagle (TM).

Wonder if I've just been missing it! Either way, I love my AE things as well - they do wear surprisingly well, but I attribute that to sturdy fabrics meant to be ripped up and destroyed by teenagers.

Camelia said...

I love this look! I love that dyed skirt, its such a pretty color! This whole outfit is cool, and the colors work perfectly. Those shoes are cool too :)

Kasmira said...

Christina, I think you're right! Just looked at my shoes and there is no "for Payless" inside. How confusing!