Friday, November 11, 2016

Shades of Green

I never thought I’d return to the military, but I found myself considering it a year ago. Last spring, I met with a recruiter. In October, I began the process of re-entering military service. It’s a long and complicated undertaking, especially for someone of my age and prior service, and I don’t want to jinx it by revealing too many details. Hopefully, by next spring, you’ll see me wearing real camouflage utilities, instead of just my fashion-y take on military greens and browns.


Jacket, Xhilaration (thrifted). Tee, Mossimo. Pants, Da Nang (consignment). Boots, Lauren Ralph Lauren. Sunglasses, Earthbound Trading Co. Bag, Aldo. Belt, thrifted.


When I presented the idea to Beefy, I expected objections. Instead, his first response was, “We’ll get discounts on Disney tickets. And we can stay at Shades of Green!” (Actually, I just looked up Shades of Green, and any honorably discharged veteran can stay there in September and January. I guess there’s more Disney in my future whether I am accepted or not.)

4 comments:

sp said...

Wow! So awesome! You are always full of surprises and exciting adventures! Best of luck with that! Even though your posts were few during your last adventure... I miss those topics! Looking forward to your book!
sp

Kasmira said...

Thanks, sp! I need to buckle down and do some writing!

Unknown said...

Wow, that's very exciting! Well done you! Xxx

Kasmira said...

Thanks, Sonya!