Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Standardized

I spent a few hours taking a standardized test, today. Things have come a long way since the Scantron bubble sheets of my childhood. While I was happy to avoid the hand cramps of tediously, but completely, filling in the bubbles with a number two pencil, a computer test doesn’t leave me with the same sense of satisfaction when I’m finished.


Kimono, Carole Little (thrifted). Tee, thrifted. Belt, thrifted. Skirt, London Jean. Leggings, Old Navy. Boots, Dan Post. Sunglasses, Earthbound Trading Co. Earrings, California state fair. Bag, Rebecca Minkoff.

Both the kimono and tee are from my recent trip to the Arden Arcade Goodwill



My test went well, but America’s didn’t. I’m cheering myself up with the 365 photos from the past few days.


That first photo isn’t so much a pick-me-up as a reminder: fried fish is never a good idea. Jackson gave me some love at the dog park.


The aspen and bird sculpture wall at our weekend hotel in Tahoe was both charming and creepy. We drove the entire perimeter of the lake during our stay, including passage through this striking outcropping.


The dogs always want to wrassle when I’m picking up the poo for the mowers.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Love the pattern mixing and that bag!

Anonymous said...

You wore the shirt and the kimono!!! Love it!

~J

Kasmira said...

Thanks Cindy and J! I kind of want to wear the kimono every day. I already carry that bag almost daily! I'm getting my cost-per-wear on the bag.