Thursday, May 17, 2007

B-b-b-boring

Brown jacquard blazer, Apt 9. Pink asian-style shirt with brown trim, Studio Y. Brown pants, Moda International. Brown pumps, Mossimo. Brown crystal earrings, Express.

This outfit bored me to death. I did get two compliments, but they were from very conservative dressers. I was also told that I looked like a teacher. And that wasn’t meant in an “I’m hot for teacher” sort of way, but more like “you look like you’re going to give me lots of homework.”

What could I have done to spice this up? Any suggestions? Crazy shoes? I was at a complete loss for ideas.

I promise something much more exciting tomorrow.

6 comments:

Keelah said...

I REALLY like this one. Its excitingly casual. I guess you can just about imagine my wardrobe huh? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm seeing this with a sharper coloured top with some texture to contrast with the blazer (satin? metallic?). Also sexier heels in colour that pops, with toe cleavage or a print maybe.

But that's just me - I could be totally off the mark.

Jeremy said...

Yeah, totally boring...you could do SO much better...

alphawoman said...

You could have worn a camisole under the jacket, worn your hair down in a more provocative manner and/or some large funky earrings, and some some high heeled sandles.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the girl from Hong Kong, a brighter, sexier shoe. Maybe a deep red pointy toe, with a colorful top. Anything you wear looks nice. I actually like this outfit for myself...but I admit, I am pretty conservative!

the koala teeths said...

hmmm in my opinion, i would say that the issue of boringness stems from the fact that you are wearing a body suit of neutrals in the same family. every single one of those pieces are fantastic, but neutrals are like humans; you can't pair them up when they are in the same family and expect sexiness. maybe a brighter pink top, ooh coral even, and a light khaki trouser. keep the jacket and wear white beads and shoes. voila!

ps. you're super cute. love the styles! so i want to ask your opinion. what would you wear to make a plain white 3/4 length fitted wrap shirt with an offside bow look fabulous? any suggestions?

pps. my blog http://thekoalateeth.blogspot.com