Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Consulting

Pastel blend cardigan, need to look at tag! Orange tee, Merona. Denim skirt, Gap. Blue beads, Xhilaration. Blue headband, Claire’s Boutique. Brown sandals, Franco Sarto. Brown purse, Kenneth Cole.

I went to the mall this evening to look for a wide brown belt. While browsing the belt department at Dillards, a young lady approached me and asked me to help her choose accessories to go with her dress for the Kentucky Derby. She explained that she asked me because I reminded her of one of her friends and because my shoes and bag matched (!) Naturally, I was flattered and gave her advice on shoes, a hat, a bag, and a wrap to match the de-gorgeous dress she showed me on her camera. Thank goodness Mike wasn’t with me, because he would have spent the entire time groaning and rolling his eyes. I, however, had a great time helping the girl out. If only I could do that full time…

5 comments:

Keelah said...

Question? and I MUST know the answer...How much time does it take you to put together your fabulous ensembles? I mean...they look so uniquely YOU...and so effortless...I can hardly style myself to save my life. Is your style from years of trial and error or natural evolution of your creativity? Okay that was more than one question...but I think your style is SO INSPIRING!!!!

Kasmira said...

Keelah - how you flatter me! Thank you. I'll try to answer your questions...
1. It takes anywhere from a couple of minutes to half an hour to choose what I want to wear. Sometimes I go through several iterations of an outfit. That's why I try to lay out my work ensembles for the week on Sunday night. I also find that dreaming up new outfits helps me fall asleep.
2. I think my style is sort of recent. I've always had the creative flair, but didn't know how to channel it, or was afraid to look different. This blog and participating in Wardrobe Remix has really helped my style blossom. Of course, I'll bet that I'll look back at these photos in 10 years and jeering at my fashion choices!

To work out your own style, I recommend that you find colors and shapes that complement your look and then play around within those "limits." But don't be afraid to try something new. I always wear my fashion experiments for an entire day before saying that I'll never wear it again! You won't know that you don't like something until you try.

Keelah said...

Wow! YOu made me smile. Its refreshing to know that you plan these things...it removes some of the fear of trying for me. I think that is awesome that dreaming up outfits is how you go to sleep! Ha ha! I am going to try and be a bit more daring...I am not afraid of color...But patterns, accesories, shoes, shapes...basically everything else...terrifies me! :) Keep up the great style!

Anonymous said...

Another creative outfit. Glad you went with brown shoes and bag which help tone down the outfit. I'm not a big fan of headbands but props to you for trying out the trend.

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

You look super cute & fresh.