Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Service Skirt

Black top with lace overlay, Moda International. Green skirt, from my USMC service uniform (and embellished by me). Black slingbacks, Audrey Brooke. Cameo choker, thrifted.

Mike said I might be court-martialed for desecrating my service uniform skirt. I added black lace at the hem and a lacey trim at the waistband (hidden by the shirt today). I don’t have anything to fear. My obligated service, both active and inactive, has long since expired and I can do what I will with my old uniforms. I’m planning on making a skirt and a purse out of some old camo trousers.

6 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Another beautiful outfit, Kasmira. I love the way the lace at the skirt's hem recalls the top's sleeves.

Meg said...

I love black lace in general, but that skirt is awesome! What a great idea! It really made a huge difference. I would never have though that it was part of a service uniform.

By the way, as of yesterday, Google analytics says that you're my best referrer (you finally squeaked by Google and Rediit yesterday). By the looks of it, your own blog is very, very popular -- not that I had any doubts. Thanks again for including me on your blogroll!

WendyB said...

That looks great!

Vicki said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Lost enough weight that the old uniform fits again. Wow! I'm the same size as when I was 18!

Wore it on Memorial Day, which brought up both good memories and bad. Why does everyone want to buy free drinks for a female veteran in a 20 year old uniform?

Well, if you regret altering it later on, there's plenty of matches at the Army Surplus, so your husband need not worry. There was also some cool vintage uniforms from loooong before I served.

Melody said...

Love how you added the lace to the skirt. Great wardrobe refashion! And the skirt is perfect with that top. Another great outfit!