Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Cozy Gray Knit

Gray cardigan, NY & Co. Sheer green blouse, Forever 21. Tartan jumper, All That Jazz (thrifted and altered by me). Heathered gray tights, Merona. Black patent maryjanes, Xhilaration. Brooch, thrifted. Earrings, Claire’s.

Fall and Winter are my favorite fashion seasons. There always seems to be some take on ladylike style and the cold-weather fabrics (velvet, silk, leather, suede, wool, cashmere, tartan) are just delicious. This season, I was pleased to see not only the dark tights/peep-toe trend, but a resurgence of thick, chunky knits. No longer considered too casual for work, I’ve noticed many of my coworkers bundled up in yummy pullovers, turtlenecks, and cardigans instead of the usual blazers or fine-gauge twin sets. I didn’t want to be left out in the cold!

2 comments:

Damselfly said...

Brilliant! I just found your blog and linked to it from mine, where all year I've done a "What I'd wear" feature.

Londyn said...

nice and cozy!