Wednesday, December 12, 2007

English Country

Vest (waistcoat for you UK folks), H&M. Light blue sweater, Jacob (via swap). White blouse, Worthington. Skirt, Petite Sophisticate (thrifted). Black tights, Danskin. Black pumps, Bandolino. Charm necklace, thrifted. Gold bracelet, via swap. Gold watch, Raymond Weil.

This skirt is one of those pieces I have trouble styling. I like the colors, pattern, and cut, but the length is a little unflattering. I’ve considered hemming it (like my velvet dress), but I do like having long, lined, wool skirts for cold winter days. I’m undecided. You can read about last year’s trials and tribulations in this skirt here.

I feel as if I should apologize for the duplex photos today and yesterday. Sometimes I just can’t choose which photo I’d rather use – especially when one shot is straight on and the other is at more of an angle. I feel like the “full frontal” gives you a better idea of the outfit’s components, while the angled view shows the fit and silhouette. I hate being indecisive, but maybe my readers LIKE seeing two views of the same outfit. Let me know…

How many photos of a single outfit do you want to see in a post?
One
Two
Three
As many as you'll give us!
Other - I'll tell you in the comments.
pollcode.com free polls

11 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Just discovered your blog - what a fantastic idea!

Love this outfit; gorgeous waistcoat!

Anonymous said...

It's a good look, but I know what you mean about the length of the skirt. I prefer skirts that just skim my need because anything longer and I look like a hobbit. But this outfit works beautifully.

Diana said...

I like the skirt's length!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the skirt length. I have several skirts that are long but I like the length for the coverage and warmth for winter. I recently tried the skirts as a dress. This works well with a great belt and a cute cropped cardigan or jacket.

Anonymous said...

i love this outfit! i have a black and white and grey wool skirt that i can do something fun like this with. i love long skirts this time of year, they look nice with boots, and it seems that is pretty much my go to footwear living in New England!--K.T.

Anonymous said...

sophisticated and amazing look. I adore wool skirts. You look incredible but try to wear with your classics black slingbacks.

Three of Us said...

I like the way you mix up how may photos you have each day. Variey is the spice of life! Just to explain why I asked about your job yesterday, I was just curious as to what work place you would wear those great outfits. I am an ultrasonographer so have to wear practical clothes and shoes. So I'm a little jealous but not sure that I could be so creative everyday like you are...

Mel.J said...

I suggested two of the outfit, but I didn't include detail photos, they're sometimes really helpful and inspirational too.

fashion evolution said...

Even before reading your post I was thinking that you should hem the skirt, so I obviously think its the right move to make. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your skirt! It is a troublesome length though. I can't make that length work with anything but a knee-high boot.

Anonymous said...

I Like it! I'm form the english country and people dont where this, its more urban feel to it, i love it though and the waist coat make it really come together!