Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Never Enough

Sweater, Bloch. Dress, Jones New York. Tights, We Love Colors. Peeptoes, Bitten. Headband, Forever 21.

Now, some people might think that zebra + feathers + purple = ENOUGH going on in one outfit. Not me. I threw in another black and white pattern.



No, I didn’t actually carry my purse around my neck

And…it was raining, so I needed my umbrella and galoshes.


The roof isn’t leaking...yet.

Perhaps that is now a busy enough outfit for me. However, it isn’t warm enough. With our temperatures predicted to dip to 0 degrees this week, even my bus bundling isn’t enough. To supplement my wool coat, I bought a hooded, puffy vest to wear beneath.


I looked all over the mall for a puffy vest and only found loud colors, wrong sizes, and inadequate puffiness until I got to Deb, of all places. This vest is insanely warm (I was sweating in it above 32 degrees) and works even under a tailored coat. The best part is the hood! No flat hat hair.

There, I've had enough.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

how you can manage to wear a hundred layers and still have a shape beneath your coat is astounding!
i suppose the belted coat is the key, but really, if i tried that sort of layering, id just look like the stay-puff marshmallow man with a belt!

props to you for managing to look stylish in 0 degrees!

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Your rainboots are just adorable :0) You always look so fun in whatever you are wearing!

Danielle said...

What a pretty dress!!!

Kim said...

That third picture down is so amazing - you look like an M.C. Escher painting!!!
My word verification is "nuters!" Which is what this outfit is, but in a good way!

marian said...

this rocks!

*kate* said...

I ADORE THIS LOOK..IT'S SO BUSY BUT IT WORKS!! I LOVE YOUR COAT TOO! I AM ON A MISSION FOR A BLACK COAT AND CANT FIND ONE I LIKE... WHY IS A BLACK COAT SO HARD TO FIND?

Alison said...

Thank you so much for making my smile this morning!! I love the outfit and all the black and white patterns. Love the purple tights with it too. I still can't bring myself to do dresses in the cold weather we've been having. (-30F yesterday)

Tomorrow though, I AM wearing a dress to a concert. (I think...)

Unknown said...

I love all the patterns together. I don't think it's too much at all. Really cute outfit.
I got red and white polka dotted rain boots from Target that are super cute, but I mainly use them for yard work. The weather where I am doesn't require them for normal wear.

Milly said...

i like it...it works!

Cathryn said...

Crazy busy = crazy awesome.
The photo of you in all the black and white patterns with umbrella brings joy to my heart. It's such a cheerful look.

Tamia said...

So cute! I love all the patterns.
And I am SO stealing the idea of wearing a vest under a tailored coat. That's brilliant!

Stephanie N. said...

I love all the black and white patterns together. It made me really happy!

Londyn said...

LOL! I love all the black and white patterns -- they make me smile :)

I may have to check out that vest at Deb...I have been FREEZING at the bus stop lately!

JACLYN said...

Love that zebra print!

Cassie said...

I am madly in love with your outfit, especially the tights!!

mad-scientist said...

without the bag, umbrella and galoshes - cute outfit.
with it - somehow gives the impression that Ugly Betty's wardrobe threw up.

just my opinion, as i see from comments that other bloggers liked it a lot.

if u were running in a garden or something, u could be mistaken for a zebra with all the stripes u hv going on there.

btw, hats off to u to take fashion risks!

eednic said...

love it! i look at your blog sometimes for ideas! i think you are quite creative. but i must say i do not envy the cold temperatures where you are, though i secretly wish i had a reason to wear those galoshes. those are fantastic!!