Friday, June 26, 2009

Deanna Raybourn

Blouse, Merona. Skirt, Talbot’s (thrifted). Necklace, Newport News. Belt, Claire’s. Bag, Caprice (thrifted and vintage). Shoes, Bongo (thrifted and gifted).

I get a few readers sent my way each week courtesy of deannaraybourn.com. Curious, I checked out the source and found that, in March, she linked to me in the blog portion of her site. Deanna Raybourn is the author of the Lady Julia Gray mystery series. As I am not a fan of mysteries (they make me feel stupid), I had not read her books nor did I plan to do so.

While I was props mistress for a show in May, one of the castmembers remarked that I looked Felicia Day of Dr Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog. When I finally got a chance to watch the episodes, I agreed there was a resemblance (although it is limited to the [then] red hair and big eyes). Bored one day, I checked out Felicia Day’s blog and was particularly interested in her post on the books she’s reading. We seemed to have similar taste, so I added a few of her reads to my hold list at the library.

The first book, Armed & Magical, was as awful as the title suggests. The second book, was the start of the Lady Julia Gray series: Silent in the Grave. To my surprise, I’m enjoying it. And, so, it all comes full circle.


(I skipped Felicia’s recommendation of the Kate Daniels series. I’d read Magic Bites on Amazon’s recommendation and did not enjoy it.)

24 comments:

Fashion and more said...

Wow, you look great !

Yuri said...

i love this outfit, especially the necklace, the bag and the peep toe! ^^


xoxo,
http://twothousandthings.blogspot.com

piglet said...

Love your look today.
I wore layered pearls today too!

JP said...

This look blew me away!
It looks great with the new hair!

Natasha said...

Love this look. The color combination is fabulous.

Amos said...

I've enjoyed your blog for a couple years now and have learned so much about putting colors together. People sometimes compliment me on my clothing and I refer them to your blog. I've had many conversations with women on the subject of fashion, and I've held my own quite well, simply because of what I've learned from your blog. The thing is, I'm a man. I consider myself bad with fashion, even though I've come a long way. I stumbled across your blog one Sunday morning while trying to match my tie. Can you recommend any men's fashion blogs? Most I find are either far too formal and expensive or ultra modern and punk. Thanks for the advice, and the fun reading each day.

Rosie Unknown said...

I adore the way you combined the tan, and somewhat housewife-ish dress with the heels and awesome red belt!

Anonymous said...

I think (pre-blonde) that you look a whole lot like Molly Parker in Swingtown. Has anyone else mentioned that?

Here's a pic: http://www.topnews.in/molly-parker-eventswingtown-cbs-series-premiere-and-summer-block-party-arrivals-venue-locationcbs-s-2

Sherry

http://frugaldomesticgoddess.blogspot.com

eednic said...

fab shoes!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love this tan/beige and red combination.You dress so beautifully. :)

Cheryl

Sheila said...

I love this mix of colours! It looks just gorgeous. The pops of red against the yellow (?) look amazing.

I love mysteries, but only certain authors.

Unknown said...

Your hair is really looking Great. I didn't know what to think at first. But now that it has grown out a little and it doesn't have that I just cut my hair look, it looks fantastic.

Fernanda Alves said...

Fancy!

Just loved it :)

Welcome to my headspace. said...

You look totally swank and 7 feet tall!

maria said...

I love the way the colors in your outfit gently drow the eye up to your hair color. The lipstick and belt colors are in perfect balance, too.

Anonymous said...

I love the yellow and red combination, you look Fabulous!!!

www.fashion1psychology.wordpress.com

Fräulein Luise said...

Wow, what for a great outfit, I like in special the bag and the big belt!

The Cocoa Goddess said...

Your new hairdo gives such a nostalgic and sophisticated quality to your outfits. Love this look!

Anonymous said...

Awesome belt.

Deanna's author blog and Sal's 'Already Pretty' are how I found your blog. ^_^ Hope you like "Silent in the Grave"!

Jane said...

You look great in that outift. The colours go great with your hair.

Jessica said...

Just discovered your blog, and I'm loving it! I'm not usually interested in seeing what other people are wearing on a daily basis, but your outfits are so fun and inventive! Looking forward to seeing more.

http://beautifymylife.blogspot.com

Sara said...

I love the new hair but I think this color combination makes you look too washed out. I do love the belt though!

Kari said...

I like how the red makes the khaki and yellow really pop - and that bag is so awesome.

Kasmira said...

Amos - I'm afraid I don't follow any men's fashion blogs. You might checkout Wardrobe Remix on Flickr and see if any of the men that post there inspire you and, if they do, whether they also have a blog.

Sherry - Yes, I got the Molly Parker comment once before!