Tuesday, June 02, 2009

All Around the World

Jacket, No Boundaries. Dress, Jones New York. Slingbacks, Linea Paolo. Belt, vintage. Earrings, thrifted.

Usually, I adjust the tripod so that the camera is at about the same level as my neck. Today, though, I shot from closer to hip level. I like the way it makes me seem taller. (Jessica, who actually IS tall, also uses this trick.)

I’m not overly concerned with appearing tall. I was just playing around with my composition because it’s been a while since I’ve done anything interesting like spin or jump, feature my cats or embarrass the military. But if you’d like to see those photos, there is now a section in the sidebar with links.

13 comments:

Jennie said...

ooh, new photo angle! fancy! :)

Is it just coincidence that you and Londyn both wore zebra print dresses recently?

Jane said...

As someone who is very short - a tad over 5ft I will give it a try.
The dress you are wearing is one of my favourites.

Kasmira said...

Jennie - just coincidence! Although I did borrown Londyn's zebra dress last spring and it inspired me to buy my own.

http://whatiwore2day.blogspot.com/2008/07/my-own-zebra.html

Anonymous said...

Haha,I do that too. I mean,I don't have a tripod,but when Beloved One or one of my friends agree to take some pics of me,I usually ask them to squat :).

Great dress!

April said...

I have been looking for a pair of nice nude shoes, and I have to say yours look really nice! I really enjoy reading your blog. I love clothes and fashion, but I don't have the money that some people spend on their clothes. You always look super-nice, and don't mention how you spent only "$300" on whatever. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

The belt is amazing!

piglet said...

OMG I love your jumping photos.
Please do more!!!

I love to do spinning photos. Can't seem to make the jumping ones work!

Londyn said...

I'll have to try that -- as long as it doesn't shoot a pic where people are looking up my nose...!

BTW - I saw you walking to the bus yesterday in this outfit and you looked so cute even from across the street!

myrubyslippers said...

Yea you do look taller indeed. Cool trick! And fantastic belt. You always manage to find those unique beautiful ones :)

Sheila said...

Love this outfit - gorgeous dress! I really like the neutrals with the animal print. It gives it a nice safari look.

Rachael said...

Lovely! This is my fave of your dresses.

Alaskangal B said...

I love this print. YOu and Londyn are so lucky to be able to switch. You both have such awesome closets.=)

Milly said...

i like this dress with neutrals, nice