Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cuffed and Pushed

Jacket, Star City (thrifted). Tank, Charlotte Russe. Skirt, Eddie Rodriguez. Pumps, Delicious. Necklace, Forever 21. Studded collar (worn as a bracelet), thrifted.

I’ve only worn this jacket once before and felt like I was swimming in it. The torso fits, but the shoulders are extra big and the sleeves too long. Shortening the sleeves to 3/4 length has been on my project list for months. I still haven’t done it, but cuffing and pushing them above my elbows works in the meantime. And I actually like the strong, padded shoulders.







The image on the right is actually a deceptively flattering picture of the jacket with unrolled sleeves. Click on it to be brought to the August 2008 entry, with an especially ugly lead photo.

5 comments:

sabina said...

I love the blue-red combo!

xo

sabina

Anonymous said...

I really like the red skirt with the yellow shoes.

*Angela* said...

I think you could take the darts in a bit on the front too-that way it doesn't make you look so boxy and shows some curves :)

Jess said...

What a great color combination! The 3/4 length really makes the jacket look much better imo.

tooblonde1 said...

love the jacket with shorter sleeves!
...your hair is much lighter here too. when will we see the hairdo surprise?