Friday, June 10, 2011

Raccoon Mountain

Running certainly takes you places. For instance, if I hadn’t required 5 miles of road to run this morning, I never would have discovered Raccoon Mountain, near Chattanooga. Beefy dropped me off at the visitor center and I ran down the mountain, 5 miles.

(Then we drove back up for a few pictures.)


As I alluded to in Style Sample’s interview, I’m training for the Air Force half marathon in September. I want to run it in under 2 hours, so I’m using the FIRST training method to improve my speed. Today’s run was a tempo run. My goal was 9:04 miles. I thought running downhill would do the trick, but there were a few steep uphills too, and I ended up running a 9:20/mile pace.

Next, I need to find a fairly flat (and safe) 10 miles near Stone Mountain, GA. Any recommendations?


Photos by Beefy Muchacho

1 comment:

Juliette said...

Well since I live in GA, have started running this year and I love reading your blog I might be able to help with some places to run near Stone Mountain.

Check out this link to give you some ideas on routes and they have the milage done for you.

http://www.dailymile.com/routes/US/stone-mountain-ga?distance_range=13&sort=recent&workout_type_id=1