Friday, June 17, 2011

Before Eight

I finally got my chance to wear the beaded, silk dress I found at a thrift store in January. I knew then that it would be a lovely choice for Gretchen and Ray’s 1930’s styled wedding.


Dress, JMC. Shoes, Chinese Laundry. Bag, Maggi B. Bracelets, Charming Charlie (via swap), Epcot Morocco, and The Bead Factory.

Despite being swathed in silk and dripping beads, I felt a little underdressed. Many of the other guests looked like screen goddesses in their floor-length, satin gowns and retro-styled hair. Of course, no one outshone the bride. She wore a slinky, champagne gown, Jean Harlow finger waves, and a joyous expression.



Photos by Beefy Muchacho

16 comments:

Teodora said...

You look stunning!

Do you have pics from the wedding? It must be an extraordinary experience.

Teodora
teodoraslookbook.com

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Gorgeous dress and color on you! I'll bet all the 30's looks were fabulous.

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

I really want to see pictures of this affair! You look perfect in my opinion.

Ngan {eNVe Designs} said...

That is one gorgeous dress!! Yay for amazing vintage finds! And your photos are fabulous!

Londyn said...

Love the sparkle!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that dress - it looks amazing on you!

Vicki

Salazar said...

That's a gorgeous, gorgeous dress. And I love your make-up!

P/S: I would love to see pictures from the wedding too.

14 Shades Of Grey

Beka said...

That color looks absolutely amazing on you! What a great find. I'm with everyone else, I would love to see pictures of the wedding- it sounds fabulous!

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

What a great theme from a wedding. You look gorgeous as always :)

Kasmira said...

I didn't take any photos myself, but I will link to those I find from other attendees.

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous! I've really been digging your style lately!

Dee

maryeb said...

What a great find. That dress is beautiful and you look gorgeous. I hope you had a fun time.

laniza said...

What a lovely dress! Your makeup looks very nice here--did you get it professionally done for the event?

Kasmira said...

laniza - I did my own makeup. It looked pretty garish in the morning but much nicer in the twilight!

TheUrbanati said...

Let me just say, I LOVE your blog! I came here to find out what to wear with my yellow shoes a while back and have been coming back ever since. You're officially on my blogroll of sites my readers NEED to visit. Keep up the good posts :)

Ashley aka TheUrbanati

Healthy and Homemade said...

Stunning!