Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Told You So

I’m a member of trivia team Unflappable Wong, but I don’t contribute much. It seems like most of the questions are about history, sports, tv, movies, or music and I’m not much help with those* subjects. When I do have an idea, I have little conviction; my tentatively offered suggestion is overruled. Every once in a while, though, it turns out that I was right, and then I get to say, “I told you so.”


Jacket, Dex (swap). Dress, Richard Chai for Target (borrowed). Boots, Dan Post. Brooches, self-made, vintage, and swapped. Necklace, vintage.

Why is it that “I told you so” is sometimes more satisfying than being listened to in the first place?


*If only there were more questions about nature, science, business, or fashion. I could pull my weight.

Photos by Beefy Muchacho

9 comments:

Megan G said...

I like this remix of the dress. It's simple, but rich deep tones are wonderful with you hair.

I'm a beast when it comes to modern tv, movies, logic and the off-beat questions. I love trivia.

Teodora said...

Love your dress and boots!

Teodora
teodoraslookbook.com

Jude said...

I love handing out those, "I told you so(s)!" I'm slightly evil I think. I also love the dress with the boots and jacket. Is that satin? I've gotta give this look a try.

Beefy Muchacho said...

When were you overruled?!?!

Healthy and Homemade said...

Cute boots!

Keep Warm (Danielle) said...

I'm part of s trivia team too (Two Tall Broads) and we are fantastic. It took us a year of playing though to learn to trust each other with our knowledge niches. I'm the wildcard because I know really random things that I'm not even sure I know. That dress is a stunner!

Kasmira said...

Beefy - I'll have to consult my "list."

Jude - the dress is satin-like....the texture is a little less smooth than satin. It's a shiny polyester.

Rachel - Firebird said...

I adore this look. Everything from the boots to the broches. Brilliant

SkinnyFit said...

I love the back of the dress with the tops of the boots!