Monday, May 07, 2012

R&R

I took the day off work for a little rest and relaxation. Beefy and I went out to a late breakfast, attended an Auction by Maggie, ate a late lunch at The Public House, and saw The Avengers.


Jacket, Forever 21 (overdyed). Crochet top, Imaginary Voyage. Dress, Roundy Bay (thrifted). Belt, thrifted. Sandals, Lela Rose for Payless. Bag, vintage. Earrings, self-made.

When I lived in Okinawa, I loved to attend the Phai’s House of Jade auctions on base. I find bidding to be a bit thrilling and the people watching is always good. It was even better at Auctions by Maggie. Today was my first experience with bidding on first “choice” of items in a group. I picked up a ring, bracelet, and brooch through choice bids. I also bid on, and won, a tooled leather bag. This one is ostrich!


Overall, it was a good day-after-a-marathon: lots of sitting and eating. I’m well on the road to recovery from the race.





Photos by Beefy Muchacho with the Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 35 mm 1:1.8G lens.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

You look fantastic in green!

Unknown said...

I must get those shoes!!!
and Dot's (western hills) has the cutest croched vests/tops very similar!
xXx
Reva

Marie said...

That dress is perfect with lace overlay and the purse- amazeballs.
Marie @
Lemondrop ViNtAge

Megan G said...

Incredible scores! That bag is amazing, and so is that lace top. I haven't been to an auction in years, but I always remember them being tons of fun.

Jude said...

This is one adorable outfit!

Sylvia said...

Love the lace top over your lovely green dress. And the shoes are just perfect! Green is definitely a great color for you!

...bill said...

nice change of pace =]

Lola said...

Whoo! Another one for the coffee table book--your 'do sets the tone, and I love the leather/lacey vibe as well as the perfect harmony of the shoes and dress. I say again: Whoo!

Anonymous said...

Your new bag would be perfect with your outfit!