Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Easy Wrap

I shouldn’t be talking about buying clothes (when I’m soon to reveal to you how I blew my 2012 budget and I have two mortgages and home renovations to fund), but I would like a second wrap dress. I’ve gotten so much use out of this simple Merona (Target) dress and have yet to run out of ways to remix it. The best part of the garment is its comfort. It’s like wearing a light robe to work.



Shirt, St. John’s Bay (thrifted). Dress, Merona (shortened). Bag, Charming Charlie. Shoes, Linea Paolo. Sunglasses, Girl Props. Earrings, No Boundaries. Rings, vintage, thrifted, and gift.

The downside of all that comfort was that I was able to put away an enormous veggie “sushi” roll at lunch and not strain the seams. (However, considering how rarely I get to eat lunch, I’ll take a little indulgence and a dress that lets me do it.)

5 comments:

Lorena said...

I have seen you get your money's worth out of this dress and i am certain that with your creativity YOU will get even more wear.... SO, yes get the other wrap dress.
I have to say this is one of my very faves of yours.

Anonymous said...

Really like the shirt with this dress - both the style and the color.

How do you manage to not flash the world when wearing a wrap dress? Maybe I've never gotten the right style, but I just can't seem to keep wraps closed enough when sitting, walking, getting in and out of cars.

~J

Kasmira said...

I always wear a slip or pettipants with my wrap dress. I wore a full, orange slip under this ensemble.

Cindy said...

I've only been to California twice (both times to Sacramento) because my company sent me there for training on a software product we bought. I stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Natomas and ate fish tacos at Rubio's:

http://www.rubios.com/

I highly recommend both! I spent the first week downtown at the Holiday Inn on J Street. It was a little scary.

Amy B said...

I never have any luck with wrap dresses. Even though they fit, they always seem, well, not to. But I keep trying! Anyway, this is my first comment on your blog (though I've been visiting for a while). I admire the fact that you don't just put on the dress and a pair of shoes and you're done. That's what I do. You always kick things up a notch or two. I've learned a lot from reading your blog! Thanks!