Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October Purchases

We’re nearing the end of the year. I had $122.17 left in my budget for 2012. Did I blow it with two months left? Yes.

TJ Maxx

1. Cynthia Rowley color-block skirt, $12.00
2. Dolce Vita floral, open-back blouse, $11.00
3. Love on a Hanger cream, lace peplum top, $10.00


All the TJ Maxx purchases were impulse buys, but I certainly got my money’s worth from them in my October 31-for-31 capsule!

Express

4. Leopard belt, $27.93.

I only put one work-appropriate belt in my capsule. I was sick of wearing the olive green, leaf-clasp belt, so I hunted down another cincher at the mall. I probably could have gotten through the month without a leopard-print belt, but I think it will become a major player in my wardrobe.


DSW

5. Guess purply-pink suede pumps, $35.96.
6. Sole Obsession peep-toe booties with suede “feathers:” $89.95.

I left room in my capsule specifically for the purchase of two pairs of shoes. Here they are!

October total: $188.84

Total spending for the year: $1266.67.

Next month, I plan to buy one little item…but it will be under $25! Then, I’m done for 2012. For reals.

3 comments:

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I love the yellow boots.

Kasmira said...

They are actually more brown than yellow, but the light was pretty golden in this pic.

thorne garnet said...

Spend under $2,000 a year on clothes is pretty darn good. When I look through Vogue and see how much some of those clothes cost, I go into shock. $336 for fingerless gloves? Keep showing how great you can look for under $2,000 a year