Monday, October 01, 2012

Ready or Not

I don’t know if Cincinnati, Denver, or Sacramento is ready for this outfit, but I wore it in all three cities.


Blouse, Sans Souci. Shorts, Arizona (thrifted). Blazer, J Crew. Tights, We Love Colors. Moccasins, Minnetonka. Sunglasses, Girl Props. Necklace, Heirloom. Rings, Heirloom, Puzzrollrings, and Black Hills Gold. Belt, swap.

This turned out to be a really comfortable ensemble for flying. The wool blazer is great in over-airconditioned terminals. Later, as the plane sat on the jetway in the blazing sun, I removed the jacket and the backless shirt allowed for maximum air flow. The tights/shorts combo gave me incredible freedom of movement and an excuse to instagram my own crotch. (I was actually demonstrating how the outfit allowed me to sit cross-legged. )


Everyone loves it when you take your shoes off at the airport. Even better: taking them off on the plane.

9 comments:

Karen Bowers said...

Okay, I'm a new reader to your blog, and I'm really enjoying your style. How you dress to look happy and to be creative. Sacramento can totally handle this street style, fyi. But it'll be too hot today for that jacket to last long.

Kasmira said...

I was quite surprised by the heat when I got here!

C Lo said...

It's too hot for tights!!!!!!!!

Lesson 1: October is TOTALLY RANDOM ALL MONTH. And it will go randomly, wildly, back and forth with the weather all month. No one ever knows what to do for Halloween....do I wear a warm costume or a not-warm costume OMG! ;)

ismay said...

I think you'll be losing the tights mighty quick in Sacre'tomato heat!

In general I find tights fiendishly uncomfortable and it would be my idea of a fresh hell to wear them for plane travel!!! Good grief!

Sabrina said...

I love how you get away with wearing those cute shorts by pairing them with tights! Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see this outfit in Denver - sorry I missed you!

Linda L.

...bill said...

i'm in Oakland for the rest of the week. if you're way up this way for any reason... lunch!

Anonymous said...

awesome tights :)

Kasmira said...

Boo, I am visiting customers in Sac all week. But it's so cool that you're out here, too!