Saturday, October 12, 2013

Denver 2013 Capsule

As you might have gathered, I spent the last nine days roadtripping to Denver and back. As Beefy and I visited friends and relatives, they all asked the same question: “Why did you visit?” Our final answer: “To introduce Jasper to his first cousin once removed, Ollie” (the dog). That's as good of a reason as any, right?

It was also an excuse to experiment with another capsule wardrobe. I brought the following:

1 dress
1 pair of jeans
1 skirt
2 pairs of leggings
2 button-front shirts
1 tunic
1 turtleneck
1 tank
1 sweater
1 vest
2 pairs of boots
1 bag
1 hat
1 scarf

And I remixed those items like this:

It was a pretty compact wardrobe, but I still needed a big suitcase to also hold all of my running apparel. Jasper and I kept up our daily runs and even just four days* of cold-weather workout gear takes up a lot of space. We both needed the exercise. He had to get through four 10-hour days of driving and I had to fit into skinny jeans and that miniskirt.

*You did the math right. I washed clothes halfway through and took a day off on Sunday.


Anonymous said...

I must say, this is my favorite capsule you've ever done. I'm really inspired to mimic some of these combinations with my autumnal wear. Bravo!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the first poster - great combinations! I'm still impressed by how much use you're getting out of that fab dress too!

Are you liking the jeans any better since you've worn them more?


Kasmira said...

I think I maybe should have sized down in the jeans. Lesson learned! They are very comfy, though.