Thursday, October 31, 2013

October Purchases

I made a couple of expensive purchases this month: fancy jeans and fancy boots. And maybe an overpriced hat, too.

Nordstrom

1. Paige Denim Skyline Skinny, $158.

I’ve purchased a few pairs of under-$100 skinny jeans and have been disappointed. They look good in the dressing room, but during a day’s wear, they bag, sag, and slide off my butt. When I’ve complained, readers have suggested I might have better luck with a premium denim brand. I’ve avoided the issue for as long as possible, but with a trip to Denver looming, I needed PANTS! so I put myself in the hands fancy jeans staff at Nordstrom. However, I don’t think spending more money on jeans was the answer. This pair is an improvement on past pairs, but I still have to hike them up and they grow during a day of wear.

2. Sam Edelman Park boots in black/saddle, $200.96.

Every year, I buy at least one pair of pricey boots. At least this pair was on sale!

3. BCBG Max Azria Kitty Cat baseball cap, $58.00.



Target

4. Mossimo quilted pleather miniskirt, $17.48.

If quilted leather is so on-trend for this fall and winter, why was this skirt already on the clearance rack?

5. Studded faux-tortoiseshell sunglasses, $16.99.

I had an identical pair of these glasses in black, but I wore them until they were scratched up and fell apart. I’m hard on sunglasses; I wear them for hours each day and they are constantly going in and out of my purse.


Charming Charlie

6. Camo circle scarf, $15.00.


ARC

7. Charlie and Robin knit skirt, $3.00.


Canvas Boutique

I carried my Fossil leopard bag until it went bald. I’ve been on the hunt for another black and brown bag. Bonus: this one also has gray.

8. Purse, $65.00.


French Cuffs

These boots are attempt #2 to replace my original gray, slouchy boots. I think this pair is a keeper.

9. Sofft Belfast boots in stone taupe, $32.50.


October total: $566.93

Total spending for the year: $2182.54

Remaining 2013 budget: -$742.54.

Except for the occasional thrift store purchase, I am done spending on my wardrobe for the year!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Like you I've tried every brand of skinny jeans and the best ones I've found are from American Eagle. I usually buy the cropped skinny jeans because I'm on the short side(5"3) and they are the perfect length to wear with both heels and tucked into boots.

Anonymous said...

All great buys! I love that knit skirt. You are right about the jeans, it doesn't matter the price, that material just sags and stretches after a few hours! They still look great on you! I enjoy when you put past posts in ( the gray boots), wow! your style has simply burst with color and fun! I love it!
sp :)

DressUpNotDown said...

I too enjoy when you show photos from past posts. Especially the "how I wore it before" features.

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

EvaNadine said...

have you tried the A.N.A. brand at JC Penney? i had a really hard time finding jeans of ANY sort that i liked until i tried those. bonus: theyre cheap!

Kasmira said...

I will take a look!