Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Invisible Dress

I’ve worn this dress so many times that I don’t even see its wild pattern anymore. It’s just a blank canvas on which to display accessories like an eared hat, a velvet waist coat, and nine (9!) southwestern rings.


Dress, Lipstick. Vest, It’s Our Time (thrifted). Tights, Target. Boots, Rampage. Hat, BCBG Max Azaria. Necklace, Anthropologie. Bag, Canvas Boutique. Rings, heirloom, vintage, and/or thrifted.

I just added the ninth ring (on my left thumb) today after picking it up from the jewelers. (It was being repaired and sized.) If you are a native southwestern jewelry fan, De Luna Jewelers in Davis is THE place to go for repairs and sizing (or just to buy more pieces for your collection). Not every jeweler is willing to work with sterling silver and few are knowledgeable about the techniques used to set the stones in this genre.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your sweet rings. I do have trouble finding any in my size (7-1/4 is hard to come by). Do you buy ones that you like in any size and get them resized?

Kasmira said...

I had them sized. It is cheaper to size down than up and it costs less the closer the ring is to your desired size. I really wanted to have a ring on each finger, so the resizing cost was worth it to me (and some of the rings were passed on from my late great aunt, so they had special value to me)

DressUpNotDown said...

I wait with bated breath for number 10! :o)

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love your oufit, love the boot !!

Kasmira said...

DressUpNotDown - I'm thinking something simple, since the right hand has lots of large rings, already.