Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Hey, Sugar

I’m really trying to clean up my diet. I made an ill-timed resolution to give up sugar a couple of days before our ninety-six Papas eggs (a Covington, Kentucky easter confection) showed up. My will power expired when the Opera Cream eggs were unwrapped. I made a new commitment to quitting added sugar (and processed grains) this morning, when the skirt I wanted to wear wouldn’t fit around my waist. (But as I type this, I’ve just finished a Starbucks chocolate chip cookie.)


Hat, Free Press. Dress, Parker (consignment). Boots, Vince Camuto (consignment). Earrings, Charming Charlie. Bag, Colini Handbags (thrifted).

As a vegan*, it takes a lot of planning and cooking to avoid sugar and processed grains. Then, my hard work is, once again, derailed by a shipment of Graeter’s ice cream from Cincinnati:


*Yes, I know neither the Papas eggs nor the Starbucks cookie are vegan. My diet and my principles are totally going to hell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Papas eggs! I never start any sort of diet until after those are off the shelves. The chocolate eggs from Graeter's are just as yummy!

~J