Saturday, April 16, 2016

Owlish

I was so excited to find the owl pellets underneath a neighbor’s tree in January, but, despite multiple trips to stare into the magnolia's branches, we never saw the owl. It appears to be gone now. (Maybe the homeowners chased it off so we’d stop creeping around their front yard with binoculars.) So far, the only good look I’ve gotten of an owl in the wild was hiking Blue Ridge Trail over a year ago.


Vest, Forever 21 (cut from a consignment jacket). Dress, Express. Boots, American Eagle (consignment). Sunglasses, Toms. Earrings, Cuffs. Scarf (worn as a belt), TJ Maxx. Bag, Nordstrom Rack.


On this day, the only owl I saw was on my beer. But I was ok with that. Oh, the elusive owl!

2 comments:

C Lo said...

toooooons of screech owls on the american river parkway!!!! they are pretty small, and really look SO MUCH like bark, especially oak bark, that they REEEALLY blend it but the cool thing is that they almost always respond to calls. we get them around our house all the time and I'll go out and do my silly impression of a screech owl call (which isn't a screech actually) and most of the time I get at least ONE call back before they realize I'm not an owl. it's pretty awesome. if you can hear one then you can try to narrow down where it is to spot it. they are ADORABLE.

C Lo said...

I thought of your post this morning........I left for my morning walk particularly early and around the corner I came across two screech owls bathing in a puddle! We all stood there for several seconds, probably all thinking "what the heck!" before they flew to the neighbors fence and then up into a tall elm.