I’m sometimes recognized on the street or at work. Perhaps I meet someone new, while in the company of friends, and my current acquaintances tell the new one about the blog. I die a little death each time the blog comes up for the first (or second or third) time. I change the subject or just run away.
I am, perhaps, overreacting, but I certainly can’t be alone in my discomfort in reconciling my online and offline lives.
- Do you have a blog (style related or not)?
- Do you tell people about it?
- How do you deal with strangers who recognize you from your blog?
- What do you say to someone who says, “I love your blog!” (“Thank you” is not sufficient when you’re trapped in the elevator with them!)
- If you were to come up to me and mention the blog, what would you want me to say to you? (Is "thank you" enough, after all?)