Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cream Colored Jacket

A friend gave me this eyelet-trimmed blazer. At first, I thought it was destined for only the swap pile. This very pale khaki* tends to wash me out and the jacket is a wee bit big. However, I was inspired by a picture of Sarah Jessica Parker in a slightly oversized, off-white blazer. I’m still not sure if this look is for me, but why not experiment? (Especially with free clothing!)


Jacket, Old Navy (hand-me-down). Dress, Lipstick. Belt, H&M. Shoes, Charles David. Bag, Linea Paolo. Necklace, Macy’s. Sunnies, Girl Props.


Yeah, this green belt matches nothing in the outfit. I’m pretending it’s brown.

*I'm having difficulty determining this jacket's color...cream? off-white? light khaki? bone? ecru? It's a bit paler than life in the first four photos due to the flash. The color in the last photo is true.

17 comments:

The Patersons said...

Hi! I can't remember if I've ever posted but I've been reading for about a year now and really admire your 'advanced' skills layering and pattern/colour mixing and your overall panache! I especially love this dress!

Also, just had to laugh at the khaki belt comment because I have a pair of khaki green/dark olive shoes that I pretend are brown, in lieu of 'real' dark brown shoes!

Raquelita said...

It looks like ecru to me, but that could be my screen resolution.... I love the shoes with this!

Sheila said...

I love this outfit, Kasmira - the jacket is amazing, the belt works (who cares if it's not matching exactly - it goes!), and the shoes are killer.

Keep the blazer!

Unknown said...

I don't think that jacket washes you out at all! Fabulous outfit!!

Lorena said...

From the pictures, I think its off white - and I think it turned out quite well.

Branka said...

Keep the jacket, it looks great on you! And as long as you keep this GORGEOUS red hair, the color of the jacket is less important.

sarah said...

non-white wedding dress color was the first thing that came to mind. i'd be skeptical about the jacket, too, but i love it with the colorful dress and (who cares if it doesn't match) belt.

Mascara or Motoroil said...

Nice score! I have been trying to rock the belt-over-a-blazer look for a while now to no avail. You pulled it off spectacularly.

Nara B. said...

I think its one of your best outfits!!gorgeous!
xoxo

Alecia said...

I like the jacket color- thinking it would not work so well if you were still a blonde- cool shoes

Unknown said...

I like the jacket - the eyelet is lovely, and I like the fit, too. It is hard to tell exactly what color the belt is, but it blends very well. I love the statement necklace with this - I think it's just the right touch. And the dress is just amazing, so adaptable. I think this works VERY well!

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Ooh, it's that dress again. I love that dress. I have one a bit like it and I love that too.

And I vote the jacket and belt a success.

Emma said...

I Love the shoes !

CreatingRachel said...

I love that dress!
And please please PLEASE hold on to that jacket, it looks friggin fabulous on you!

And it was free, so why not?

CreatingRachel said...

The belt is also amazing!

Beth said...

I love this look on you. It looks so pulled together and sophisticated.
The shoes are fantastic

Pamela D. Crawshaw-Prangnell said...

"Winter white" is the wrong name for such a gorgeous, spring-time jacket. What a treasure! Great outfit.

...Pam