Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Radical

Today’s outfit was all about the shoes: never worn, 80’s vintage, hand-me-downs from a coworker. Unfortunately, I only wore them for a few hours before they fell apart around my feet. I’m glad I brought back-ups to work.


Dress, To The Max. Headband, Forever 21. Necklace, Macy’s. Belt, thrifted. Shoes, Radical (hand-me-downs).

I should be able to repair the shoes, though. The glue that holds the upper to the sole has merely disintegrated with age. A cobbler can paste it all back together.

Better quality vintage shoes are stitched together, instead of glued, but I can’t complain about free footwear. I’ve worn enough vintage shoes to know that one should always bring back-ups on a first outing.

14 comments:

Rebecca said...

I hope you can get those shoes fixed. They are very fun.

Sea Bird said...

Those shoes are really amazing! Such a fun pattern.

YankeeClipper64 said...

Super-cool color combos...luv the shoes...and the necklace/headgear pairing is utterly smashing :)

Unknown said...

Love, love, love the shoes - I'm all about a great pair of statement making shoes!!

Healthy and Homemade said...

Awesome shoes! Them falling apart on you isn't cool though =/

Cara said...

Fabulous shoes!

Lauren said...

Omg I love the shoes! I have a soft spot for 80s heels and luckily I tend to find them in op-shops here but I've never found a pair as awesome as yours...hopefully you can fix them easily and they stay together!

Anonymous said...

What a shame those shoes fell apart! They're amazing.

Lorena said...

Superb !
Those shoes bring the whole set together.
It is a great idea to have an extra pair of shoes when using vintage ones... great tip.

Janice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth said...

That is a very cute outfit.

April said...

I LOVE your shoes!!

Janice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tomma said...

I love the shoes! You should really have them repaired.
Nice blog btw.!