Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday Day and Night

I had an unexpectedly satisfying Saturday. I had planned to rent a car to join the Tristate Hiking Club for a hike at Clifty Falls, but woke to pouring rain and abandoned my plans. Instead, I:

- Finished watching Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Completed two projects from my DIY list
- Repaired some jewelry, using my trusty glue gun
- Worked out
- Tended the right-of-way strip before my neighbors reported me to the city, again. (It’s a $200 fine to have weeds in the right-of-way area. I know this from personal experience.)
- Blogged
- Drank two pots of coffee at College Hill Coffee Company
- Read two plays – Out of Order and Three Tall Women
- Visited the Newport Aquarium. (I have an annual pass.)
- Ate dinner at Habanero and drank my first Dos Equis
- Watched Down the Road at Falcon

I wore this for my daytime activities:


Hat, Betmar. Black tank, Kimchi & Blue. Striped tank, Express. Owl necklaces, vintage. Skirt, No Boundaries (thrifted). Boots, Dan Post.

(Yes, my hair is wet. And it felt lovely, too, since I still have no air conditioning.)

For nighttime, I took off my hat and donned my olive sequined jacket.

18 comments:

Keely said...

I just love days like that. Where you get to catch up on all the things you've been meaning to do for so long. And you looked adorable while doing it! Love that hat.

maryeb said...

Wow, you did more in a day than I do in a month. And, I agree, you looked beautiful too. [trying not to get an inferiority complex ;)]
Actually, it's a lot of fun to hear about your adventures.

Alison said...

Hi...I've been following your blog for a little over a month now, mainly just to see your cute, funky outfits.

Now, I am truly inspired. How did you fit it all in to one day? I have have-to-do, want-to-do, and should-do lists a mile long, and never seem to make a dent in them. Not even on the weekends. I'm impressed and inspired.

Anonymous said...

Isn't Dos Equis delicious? I had one when I went out for a birthday lunch some months ago and always meant to pick some up from the grocery store. I have lamentably not done so (yet).

Zeus' Mom said...

I love the outfit with the sequined jacket. Very cute!

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

A wonderful transformation from day to night. I especially love how the stripes show at the back.

Can I make a request? Can you please not post about how organised you are because it makes me feel lazy? (I am lazy but I don't like to be reminded - LOL)

Fia Kilbourn said...

Sounds like a busy and fulfilling day. Love the skirt and necklace.

Sheila said...

Wow, that's a lot in one day!

You look great in that hat.

Aw, kitty!

aurelia said...

Another owl linky for you.

http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2010/06/how-to_3d_paper_owl.html

Breezer said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend! I really, really like how you've transitioned the outfit from day to night.

Hope your week is as lovely as your weekend!

Rhonda said...

I love both looks! BTW, I'm in the hiking group too. I had signed up for that hike, but I needed to make progress on a home improvement project. It sounds like the campers got soaked!

Lorena said...

OMG I am tired just by reading all that you got accomplished !
I barely did anything compared to you.
Liked that day to night transition, very clever.

Chelsea said...

that day sounds just splendid! and the outfit transformation from day to night is awesome. love the sparkly jacket, and the red tank peaking out from the back is lovely!

also you have the best boots.

Keren, rhymes w/ Heron said...

Gimme dose boots!

www.DucksTheBlog.blogspot.com

CRibbits said...

Was the Dos Equis green or amber? Green is my favorite and I almost always get one with my torta at the taquaria down the street. Oh and I have to stuff a lime in there. Not the same without.

That olive sequined jacket is too fab!

Kasmira said...

The Dos Equis was amber...I had no idea that it came in GREEN! I must try that, now!

gina said...

Sounds like a productive and fun day! Such a cute hat! I love the cowboy boots in the summer and the peek of red stripes on your back. Cute kitties in the background.

Audi said...

The Dos Equis green is just a lager, and IMO not nearly as interesting as the amber. BUT, have you tried Dos Equis in a michelada? It's sort of like a bloody mary made with beer, and is delicious! I discovered them down in Mexico and have been hooked ever since.

Also, those rich shades of brown look great with your hair, and I love the hat!