Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Through the Years

I celebrated my 35th birthday by getting a new driver’s license. That’s my new card on the right. The card on the left is from 15 years ago. (Yes, I’ve had a few licenses in between…but the state usually confiscates them at renewal.)


I also celebrated by wearing a few of my favorite things. Out of doors, I did my best impression of a crazy cat lady in faux fur and a fedora. Inside, I revealed my signature items: a thrifted and shortened skirt, a bright scarf, patterned tights, and vintage/thrifted jewelry.


Shrug and lace leggings, Forever 21. Tank, Julie’s Closet. Scarf, swap. Skirt, Herman Geist (thrifted and shortened). Boots, Diba. Necklace, thrifted. Bracelets, vintage and Epcot Morocco.


More celebrations were in order when Beefy presented me with a lovely card and wonderful gifts: an immersion blender and an antique piano stool.


Birthdays past:

17 comments:

Vanessa said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it's fantastic. Your crazy cat lady is a good look, esp. with the fedora!

-smatz- said...

Happy Bday (we're only two days apart - I think?). Hope it was fabulous!! What amazing gifts from Beefy :)

Leslie aka "MissusSmartyPants" said...

Happy Birthday to you! Thanks for sharing your pictures so interesting to see how we change over the years...

Laurel said...

Happy birthday, Kasmira! I hope your day was as beautiful as you are!

Kerry said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday from a follower Down Under. I love your birthday outfit!

Hannah | The Outfit Repeater said...

Happy Birthday, Kasmira! :)

I love your birthday attire, the bright red is such an exciting color, much like the celebration of your birthday.

estrella said...

Happy birthday!! You're so right wearing your favourite items on your day, I should do the same.

Julia ♫ said...

wow awesome changes!!!

Happy biirthday and all the best wishes!

C said...

Happy Birthday, you fabulous lady! I love, nay, LOVE, that skirt!

Sheila said...

Happy birthday! You look lovely - I like that you did a "best of" outfit with all of your signature pieces.

Tina said...

Happy Birthday!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday!You look a looot better these days!

Londyn said...

Happy Birthday again dear!! BTW - that is still my all time fave skirt... need to steal again I think :)

Anonymous said...

aw, happy birthday beautiful lady!

gina said...

Love the coat!! Happy birthday!

Lorena said...

Well Happy late birthday Kasmira !
You are inspiration to many of us :)

Anonymous said...

happy belated bday!
btw u look younger than ur age!