Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Fit

Other than items made of spandex or tailored for me, I’d say very few things in my wardrobe fit me just right. I do the best I can with off the rack items, making adjustments with fashion tape or safety pins. Hiding loose waists with a fitted topper. Disguising too low necklines by layering another shirt underneath.

Today I’ve used double-sided tape between my shirt buttons and accomodated for the skirt’s scanty overlap with pettipants. (This skirt is too loose in the waist and a smidge too tight in the hips. I just pull it low and pretend the ruching hides these flaws.)


Tunic (worn as a shirt), Wet Seal. Skirt, Mossimo. Shoes, Prabal Gurung for Target. Sunglasses, Target. Earrings, Cuffs. Necklace, Heart Boutique. Bag, SheBoBo.

4 comments:

DressUpNotDown said...

I could've used some double sided tape today!!!

The check shirt with the chevron wallet deserved to be seen! Glad you shared that gem. :o)

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with skirts! Tailoring isn't really in my budget, either. You make your clothes look like they fit you very well in your photos. Here I always thought everything just fit you straight off the rack. You deceiver, you! ;)

Anonymous said...

I too always thought you were one of the lucky few whose bodies were perfect for off the rack. Good to know there are tricks out there for faking it! Now I just need to learn how to use them to my advantage. :)

~J

Lorena said...

You have totally tricked me . I always figured you tailored everything to fit perfectly or you just had the body used for all sewing patterns.