Sunday, April 13, 2014

Cole Porter Night

For a Sunday, I was a bit dressed up. Normally, after my hike and swim lesson, I lounge around in pyjamas. On this Sunday, though, Beefy and I joined a meet-up group to sing Cole Porter tunes with live musicians. It was sort of like classy karaoke; no one was drunk, the singers were great, and the music wasn’t canned.


Shirt, INC (thrifted). Skirt, Chaus Sport (thrifted). Shoes, J Crew. Sunglasses, Target. Earrings and scarf, Claire’s. Bag, Liz Claiborne (thrifed and gifted). Bangles, thrifted.

I may have dressed the part of casual jazz singer, but I didn’t have the nerve to sing with the group, this time. (If only it were a bunch of off-key boozers out of sync with the recorded track . . . then, I might have dared to sing!) Beefy killed it, though, and I committed to sing at the next meet-up: Gershwin night!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Classy Karaoke sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait to see what you wear for Gershwin night - will it be sort of themed??

Also, any suggestions on jewelry thrift spots in Cincinnati? I'm not having much luck in that area, and I've never seen anything as interesting as some of the items you have!

~J

Kasmira said...

J, here's the post I wrote on my favorite Cincy thrift shops. Good hunting!

http://whatiwore2day.blogspot.com/2011/07/mail-bag-cincinnati-thrift-stores.html

DressUpNotDown said...

Nice location (as usual)! The outfit was nice, but then you put on the scarf and BAM! it became amazing!

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com