Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Colorblind

When I’m stumped on what to pair with a garment, I just pretend it’s black and go from there. The results are always fun. For example, imagine this is a black dress. The kimono jacket, tights, and boots are no great stretch. But this isn’t a black dress, so the resulting outfit is so much more interesting.


Jacket, thrifted. Dress, Banana Republic (consignment). Tights, B. Ella. Boots, Miz Mooz. Sunglasses, Toms. Earrings, Francesca’s Collections.


P.S. I finally have a full length mirror again so I can see what my outfits look like before taking a picture (colorblind or not). The dogs broke my last mirror over a month ago.

6 comments:

IzzysMom said...

I love the black dress concept and will try this in the future. Your dogs do look a little guilty in that last picture!

Unknown said...

Dogs looking a bit sheepish..... If you'll pardon the pun!!! Keep meaning to ask, what does consignment mean in relation to clothes? Not sure we have this in the UK. Xxx

Kasmira said...

Consignment stores sell used clothing. Unlike thrift stores, they pay the former owner for the clothing.

maryeb said...

I love your idea about pretending an item is black. Thanks for the idea!
Your kimono jacket is one of my favorites. I think it would go with pretty much everything.

I was thinking your one dog, the one that is sitting next to you, looks perfectly posed - like a portrait image.

Kasmira said...

Jasper is the best poser ever! He should be a pro dog model.

Anonymous said...

Your new mirror is so fab. Love the dress.