Saturday, May 09, 2015

Dixon May Fair

Beefy’s sister was in town from Ohio, so we did our best to show her a slice of California life, including attending the Dixon May Fair, California’s oldest fair.


Shirt, Christopher & Banks (thrifted). Skirt, Tilt (thrifted). Boots, Ariat. Sunglasses, Big Lots. Earrings, Rain's Embellishments. Backpack, Target. Dragon, Hubert.



The fair was, indeed, a veritable smorgasbord. Beefy’s sis had deep fried oreos, Beefy had a deep fried peanut butter and jelly, and I had that California classic: garlic fries. But the visual smorgasbord was even better than the gastronomical. I took hundreds of photos. Here are a few of my favorites (and the last one is my 365):

2 comments:

IzzysMom said...

Love the colorful pictures! The YOYO ride picture where the riders are suspended in air is captivating. Don't know why I'm so drawn to it but it is the one picture that really popped for me. Your outfit was perfect fair wear!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! And great dragon! I have a thing for dragons.