Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Indian Skirt Again

Black turtleneck sweater, Charlotte Russe (I love this thing!) Indian textile skirt, 4th of July flea market Longview, WA. Black tights, Danskin. Blue silk scarf, Thailand. Black pumps, Michelle D. Hoop earrings with multicolored beads, World Market.

I’ve sort of worn this outfit before (*gasp*). I wore this skirt, these shoes, black tights, and a black, turtleneck sweater last February. For the record, I’m wearing a different sweater and pair of tights (I think) today.

I experimented with a few necklaces before deciding they looked too insignificant juxtaposed against the skirt’s ornate embroidery. This scarf softens the severity of the black top without competing with the skirt. In fact, it is very close to the same color as the skirt’s sequins.

Detail shot of earrings and true scarf and skirt colors (no flash) and my ENORMOUS head:

11 comments:

Nana Erin said...

went and looked at last year’s version, and the sweater you wore this time looks much better. Sleeker. The entire outfit looks much more sophisticated with the CR sweater. I love how one piece can change everything!~

<3 erin dish

Londyn said...

did you keep on the scarf all day?

I really love that shade of blue!

Kasmira said...

I did wear it all day. I don't normally wear a scarf looped this way indoors, but I liked it with this outfit. And I'm always cold at work!

Anonymous said...

Hi
I stumbled appon your blog and really liked it, i think you have a great sense of fashion and are really cute as well ;) any way I think the tights are diffrent the ones you had on before are much more sheer while the new ones are more opaque.

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a beautiful skirt. Great outfit, as usual.;o)

Keilexandra said...

Gorgeous skirt! I am much envious.

Anonymous said...

love the skirt... the out fit u wore before was a little bulky.. this version with the blue silk scarf's prettier!

junation said...

Really flattering.

Erika said...

love the blue again!

Anonymous said...

Impressed with the outfit here, love the bright colours and the darks, especially the tights here.

kct said...

Once again you look very sexy and very elegant in that skirt!