Saturday, November 10, 2007

Notre Dame v Air Force

Left: Gray cap, Nine West. Blue sweater, Merona. Gray, sequined tank, H&M (via swap). Jeans, Lucky. Black loafers, American Eagle. Center: Striped scarf. Gray cardigan, NY &Co. Right: Down jacket, Via Spiga. Red leather gloves and black bag, Wal*Mart.

I’ve never understood football. I’d watch it to ogle the shiny-pants-clad bums, but that’s about it. So I was understandably unexcited about driving over 4 hours to South Bend, IN to see Notre Dame play the Air Force Academy. Mike’s brother is in the academy and paying an obscene amount of money to sit on uncomfortable benches and freeze our asses off was the only way for them to see one another before the holidays.

Surprisingly, though, I had a really good time. I usually drink myself into a stupor in order to endure sporting events, but the stadium is dry, so I had nothing to do but watch the game. Amazingly, I actually understood the rules (for the first time ever) and followed the action. It was kind of fun. I found it much easier to understand the intricacies of the game in real life, versus on television.

I even found myself testing some of my newfound knowledge to idly watch football on Sunday night, as I leafed through an old Lucky. I guess this old dog can learn some new tricks.

No comments: