Saturday, August 15, 2009

I Dyed These Pants

I may have given up on the Recession Challenges, but I’m still working some of the challenge ideas on my own. I bought a pair of white, cropped, cargo pants at Valley Thrift with the intent of dyeing them a darker color. Before the dye, they reminded me of a big diaper.


Black dye applied to a 60% cotton/40% polyester blend yielded a slate gray shade. The trim and ties came out a lighter gray.


Shirt, Target. Pants, Forever 21 (thrifted and overdyed). Flipflops, Ecote. Earrings, Pangaea.


Black dye has magical butt-shrinking properties.

10 comments:

baileythebookworm said...

Wow! The dye job on those is incredible! I'd buy those pants off the rack like that. Nicely done.

Rosie Unknown said...

I really like those! It's so pretty how the main pant part is brown, and the rest came out gray!

Marie said...

you don't need the shrinkage- but they are more flattering in that interesting hue! you're so brave.

Leina said...

The dye job definitely yielded such an improvement! Because of you, I've often looked at something on clearance and thought, 'I wonder what that would look like if I dyed it, hmmm..." :)

Keely said...

LOVE the dye job!

Celeste said...

Those pants are adorable! Good job.

Audi said...

WAY better after the dyeing! Love how the detailing came out a different color.

Lorena said...

I love how these turned out.... it´s so cool when you buy something but vision it a different way... and then make it happen.

Londyn said...

CUTE! It worked!

Anonymous said...

Smart, smart, smart! Love how the trim turned out lighter. Very cute.