Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Reaching for Edges

I am so pleased to see rockerish elements like studded cuffs becoming mainstream wear. Queen Michelle, Erin, and Sara M are my rock and roll inspirations. I’m not nearly as bad ass as those ladies, but their example has prompted me to temper my girly style with punky accessories.

Dress, Jones New York. Cardi, To the Max. Belt, Luxury Divas. Ring, G&S. Shoes, Nine West.


Now, we all know moderation in dress is not my strong suit, but I do my best to exercise restraint with the addition of biker/rocker accessories. I would have loved to add a studded cuff to my spiky ring and prizefighter belt, but I think that would have been an overkill. The addition of one or two edgy accessories is unexpected, eclectic, and a bit ironic. Three or more is best saved for a biker rally.


John Deer was kind enough to model my accessories for me.

17 comments:

Diana said...

I definitely agree on your analysis of punk accessories - too much isn't a good thing.

On a different note, I absolutely love that zebra print dress.

Keely said...

Love the zebra print dress! I've been on the look out to add animal prin to my wardrobe this season.

Rosie Unknown said...

I love the ring! Zebra print is my fave skin.

Anonymous said...

I am so in love with this outfit. AMAZING and so FUN!!

Alaskangal B said...

I love the zebra.

Hannah said...

me toooo!

i'm obsessed with studs at the moment, as long as i don't start sporting a spiked dog collar i think it's a pretty rad trend.


http://www.themidnightfeast.blogspot.com

love home|life|style said...

I love that dress! I've been looking for one similar ever since i first saw you in it.
I agree with rocking out the accessories, especially in the daytime.

ps. please watch your eye on John Deer! I'm worried.

Kasmira said...

Don't worry - John Deer's antlers are only a hazard to my eyes when I wear heels. And I'm usually barefoot indoors. :)

sabina said...

Great outfit, Kasmira. I love the pairing of the b&w dress with the fuchsia cardi. The rocker elements give it that extra punch.

xo

sabina

Lual said...

loved this outfit!!!

Sheila said...

That belt is kickass! I love the little bits of rocker wear that you've been incorporating into outfits lately.

The zebra with the red cardi is lovely.

Intelligent Tool said...

I love your blog! You are wonderful....!

Nana Erin said...

I have been known to over-punk. I know when I am doing it. I choose not to care!~

Which is punk, no?

That ring? AMAZING.

Emily said...

i looooove this outfit. studded cuffs are def back in style.

Anonymous said...

So true - just a touch of punk goes a long way. Swooning over your zebra-print dress!

Mary said...

Love your codicls on balancing accessories; it isn't the getting started that does me in, it's figuring out the variables along the way.

Candycane said...

Great dress!