Friday, December 04, 2009

Doily Necklace

I made this “doily necklace.” I was inspired by a dark green, crocheted necklace I saw in Lucky. I found some crotched doilies at Sin City, dyed them green, and stitched them together. I finished the creation with jump rings, chain, and a lobster clasp.


Cardigan, To The Max. Tank, Merona. Skirt, Moda International. Tights, We Love Colors. Shoes, Oh Deer! Bracelet, Mod Cloth. Earrings, gift. Necklace, self-made.

After finishing the necklace, I wasn’t sure if I liked it. I had to give it a test run to decide. After styling it a few different ways, I decided it looked best under a cardigan or jacket.

While wearing the necklace today, I was initially annoyed at the way it slipped free and swung forward when I leaned over. Eventually, though, I grew to like the dynamic aspect of a bib necklace.



15 comments:

Rosie Unknown said...

Wow, that is very cool!

Aradia said...

Nice craftsmanship! I like it ;) I also adore your cardigan. It is very sweet and feminine but totally grown up and elegant too. Cool outfit as always :)

E said...

That necklace is stunning. I wish I could be crafty like you.

Rhonda said...

I love the 'doily' necklace. You've mentioned getting a number of cool items from Sin City. Now that they're closed, is there another shop around that has these great finds??

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

I almost wore my doily necklace yesterday! I haven't worn it since September, but I did a post then (though I can't give you a link for some reason)

Yours looks much less like a bib than mine (my bf's big complaint)!

Kasmira said...

Rhonda - I haven't found a store to replace Sin City. :( I guess it's back to digging through the thrift store piles for me.

Anonymous said...

I ADORE that bracelet.

Unknown said...

interesting idea.not my favorite thing you've done, but imaginative all the same!! and it looks good on you.

maryeb said...

Very clever idea and it looks so good with your outfit.

Rachel said...

Gorgeous necklace and one of my favorite outfits ever!!!

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I bought a crocheted neckpiece from Etsy a few weeks back and I love the way it changes an outfit. Yours is ingenious.

Raquelita said...

I love it! You are so talented, Kasmira!

state of grace said...

I love your blog and I love this necklace idea! You are sooooo cool!

gina said...

Love the diy necklace! Very fun. I like this outfit too, the nice sedate yet stylish black and tan, and the fun creative statement necklace.

Reedie said...

I'm not sure if Sin City was more of an antiques place or a vintage clothing store, but check out Gayles Vintage Clothing in Milford. Lots of good stuff!