Tuesday, December 01, 2009

We've Got Frog Legs

I was quite vain about my layered tights this morning. How clever I was to add some interest and downplay the expanse of green with a large black net!

Then, a few hours after I took my photos, I ripped a large hole in the top (fishnet) layer. The hole was high on my thigh and not visible, so I was going to make them last the day. However, during my lunch-time run, the fishnet tights held some sort of crazy dance party in my locker. (The staid, green pair must have merely hugged the wall and looked on in awe.) I pulled out a twisted, tangled mess and despaired of ever stretching them over my legs again. I threw the nets out and spent the rest of the day with frog legs. Ribbit!

Cardigan, Moda International. Dress, thrifted, vintage, and shortened. Belt, swap. Fishnet tights, Target. Green tights, Hue. Oxford pumps, Isaac Mizrahi for Target. Ring, vintage. Earrings, Claire’s. Bag, Payless.







17 comments:

Londyn said...

I just wrote a post earlier this week about ripping my hoisery too!!! Ugh!

You look fabulous in your picture anyway -- I love love love the belt!

Raquelita said...

I hate it when I rip hosiery! It was a great idea, though, and that ring is awesome!

Rosie Unknown said...

Ohh, super pretty! I adore fish nets, but I always get stuff like jump rings caught on them at unfotunate moments.

Kassondra DeBoer said...

I like how you double layered your hosiery, it looks cool.
It is a bummer that your fishnets tore, but i bet you still looked cute!

Sheila said...

I love this look - I layered olive tights over burgundy a few weeks back - such a great way to tone down a bright tight.

http://sheilaephemera.blogspot.com/2009/11/casual-friday-olive-red-and-tweed.html

Jessica said...

Love the belt!

Just curious - how do you manage to fit a run in on your lunch break (along with changing clothes, and do you shower too?)? You're so disciplined! I need some inspiration.

K said...

I love the shoes and the belt! The butterfly is very cool.

Kasmira said...

Jessica - I work an extra long day so that I have a 1.5 hour lunch. That gives me 15 minutes to get to the gym and change, 1 hour to workout, and 15 minutes to recover and get back to my desk.

Anonymous said...

What a DRAG! They looked fantastic layered ... hopefully another pair of 'nets can be procured.

Anonymous said...

My biggest fear when I wear tights is ripping them at work. They laying was cute idea though and I think the green tights alone must have looked cute too! :)

Love that dress!!

xoxo
Amy
thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Oh thank you for responding! Wow, that's cool that you can work in exercise during your break like that. I should be doing that even though I just have the regular hour. It's still enough time for something.

Tina said...

I am so excited about your layered legs today. I've not seen green tights and it sounds like it would be odd, but wow it is a beautiful combo with the black fishnets on top. I'm so glad you did this b/c now maybe I'll be brave enough to buy tights in a color like green.

WendyB said...

Most exciting legwear story evah!

Emily said...

Layering tights is such a good idea!

Florent said...

Stunning outfit, there ! Love the structure, the style... You can wear that anywhere, and most of stand out anywhere. Very tasteful, love it !

Florent - http://sodandy.com

Radhiana said...

love ur dress :)
it's so cute...!

The Adams Family said...

this is one of my faves ... you made a rather boring dress POP! Lovely ...