Saturday, December 19, 2009

For the Rest of Us

I wore my finest Festivus finery this evening. I’m entirely unsure as to what constitutes appropriate Festivus apparel, so I took the opportunity to wear whatever the hell I wanted.

Poncho, Christopher and Banks. Skirt, Mossimo. Tights, Target, Boots, Rampage. Zipper hoop earrings, Claire’s.

And, wait for it: Dress, American Apparel. Studded suspenders, Hot Topic.


I was ready for feats of strength but settled for an airing of grievances instead. My beef: drivers who don’t use their turn signals. Seriously, all it takes is the flick of a pinky!

8 comments:

Trinity Lea said...

NICE. i LOVE the suspenders.

Healthy and Homemade said...

Oh you are so snazzy! =)

hillary said...

I burst out laughing at your description. love it!

Adele said...

Great outfit! Heh...as a Brit now living here in America I have to keep reminding myself that what you call 'suspenders' in the US is what we called 'braces' in the UK. 'Suspenders' in the UK are what you call 'garter belts' in the US!! For a moment there I was picturing you with diamond studded straps holding up your stockings!! ;P

Rosie Unknown said...

Wow, pretty!

I love the dress with the suspenders, such a great contrast.

Sheila said...

Ooh, another Festivus celebrant! I had a Festivus party last weekend! You should have been there: we had Feats of Strength (arm-wrestling), Airing of Grievances AND the Festivus pole!

I love your wacky outfit! Perfect! My beef: people who don't dress up for parties!

Angie (youlookfab.com) said...

Creative and compelling. But above all, very Kasmira. OTT but it works! (I’m with you Sheila – your beef is my beef too)

Candycane said...

My hisband is terrible for not using his signals ... I was only moaning at him for it the other day!!!!