Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cheeky

As a dancer, I’ve got a drawer full of legwarmers. As an after-thirty woman, though, I’m afraid wearing them outside of ballet class would be ridiculous. Thankfully, I read You Look Fab and got the idea to wear them under my boots, but pulled up enough to give my outfits a bit of cheek. Brilliant!


Cardi, Mossimo (thrifted). Tank, Express. Skirt, Chaus Sport (thifted). Sweater leggings, Macy’s. Leg warmers (the yellow bits), Luxury Diva. Boots, Diva. Owl pendant, vintage.


Wow, look at those roots! I intend to do something scandalous with them…but they aren’t long enough yet.

14 comments:

Julia said...

Love the back ruffle skirt! I always think roots look sexy, too...:)

xx

maryeb said...

I love the little peek of yellow. Great idea.
Looks like you got a bit more snow than we did here in Columbus, makes a lovely backdrop.

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

This outfit is really cute. I especially love the ruffles on the skirt. It reminds me of a victorian bustle.

Anonymous said...

I know you like owls and I was browsing on ebay (Australia), saw this fabric and thought of you.
Merry Christmas
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Funky-Fab-RETRO-FABRIC-Saffron-Craig-Owls-on-Tree-Br-HY_W0QQitemZ310184407687QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Fabric?hash=item48386e7287

Cheers,
Sue

Raquelita said...

I love that little pop of yellow! I can't wait to see what you'll do with your roots!

Rosie Unknown said...

Ohh, that is such a great idea. Now I just need some leg warmers...

Anonymous said...

Oooh, now THERE'S a way to make your boots extra warm and snuggly.

Lorena said...

Great way to give your look a tiny hint of color.... I cannot wait to see what you do with your hair, I am such a coward....

http://myeverydaywear.blogspot.com/

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

What a GREAT idea!

Honeybunches of Roses said...

awesome! the leg warmers look like socks peaking out...very nice and Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, that skirt is so adorable!! I love it with the yellow socks peaking out and that so cozy sweater. You look perfect!

Happy Holidays!

xoxo
Amy

http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

JD said...

I LOVE IT! Great idea.

gina said...

As a fellow dancer and after-thirty woman, I too have a drawer full of legwarmers. Nothing quite so colorful as those bright yellow ones though. Fun!

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I think I will be raising my daughter's sock drawer - she has tons!