Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I Sparkle

I don’t think there is a more appropriate place to wear a lamé dress than karaoke. I don’t plan to sing, though. I’ll just sit back with a Lemondrop and sparkle in the corner.


Cardi, Apt 9 (thrifted). Tee, Forever 21. Dress, American Apparel. Peggins, Bongo. Boots, Life Strides Earrings, self made. Scarf, gift. Coat, vintage.

I’ve worn this tee over this dress before, but with a cardigan on top, like today. I wish it were warm enough to lose the sweater.


I can’t complain too much about the cold, though, because it gives me a chance to wear this fabulous coat.

Not so fabulous: these boots. I bought them to wear to work, with pants, three years ago. I haven’t worn proper pants (i.e. not jeans or leggings) to work since September and I haven’t worn these boots since December 2007. They are just so so ugly and I’d rather wear my Isaac Mizrahi shabooties on the rare occasions I’m not in a skirt or dress at work.

15 comments:

Raquelita said...

It's a sparkly take on the Monet colors!

Ana said...

Hmm, I like the boots! But I am pretty bad at fashion, so maybe I just don't see it.

Trinity Lea said...

WAT?! no SINGING?!?! God, last time i went and karaokied, i ended up being the headliner, silly redneckville bar didnt advertise at ALL and hardly anybody showed up!! I DID get my brother up there twice tho!!!

love that cardigan btw!

Mishy said...

i wish i lived near you, no one i know likes to karaoke.

Anonymous said...

Okay, may I ask... what are "peggings"?

Marley said...

You look like the Snow Queen! Love it! Merry Christmas!

Hannah | The Outfit Repeater said...

I love the color combo, very nice layering :)

Kasmira said...

I kind of made up "peggings." It's my word for thick, pants-like leggings. These have real back pockets, but faux front pockets and a faux fly.

hillary said...

ahahhaa you said shabooties! I am telling Dave is infiltrating the fashion lexicon!

Rosie Unknown said...

Hurray for sparkly! I love anything that glitters, especially this time of year.

Anonymous said...

Would there be a way to make your boots more funky? After all, if you can bedazzle owls onto skirts, add mini-pom-pom trim to jackets, and make a necklace out of dyed doilies... well, I bet you could come up with something intriguing.

Beatrice said...

Hope you had a great Christmas, and I hope you DID sing at the karaoke. Nobody puts Kasimira in a corner!

Londyn said...

Oh I lurve this! You are really getting good use out of that dress! I also love that color blue on you.

prashant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I love this outfit, so colourful and refreshing on a cold, winter day. And the boots look fab since you covered their length with the "peggings"!

iamhadelicious.blogspot.com