Saturday, December 05, 2009

East Row

It’s December and I’m in denial that winter has truly arrived. I begrudgingly wore pants today for the 16th Annual Victorian Christmas Tour in the East Row Historic District. I would have much rather worn a skirt and tights, but it was so so cold out.

Sweater, St. John’s Bay (thrifted). Turtleneck, Cherokee. Jeans, M. Boots, Playhouse. Necklace, Zad. Hat, Lids.

Like most people, my standard casual wintertime ensemble is jeans + sweater. I try to enliven it with accessories.


I wanted to belt this sweater, but with all of the day’s activity, it just wasn’t comfortable.

13 comments:

Judy said...

Great necklace. And the outfit is better withOUT the belt.

Anonymous said...

Man, that is a killer necklace. What I'd give to raid your jewelry box.

Anonymous said...

Your necklace is awesome - the hat also suits you very well.

Sheila said...

I like it better without the belt.

I'm in denial too! It's -1 out right now with a wind-chill of -18 (that's Celcius, don't panic). Brrr! I don't want to walk to work!

Andie said...

I am definitely struggling with jeans & sweaters- I'm having to wear them and it's not the most interesting combination so I don't even feel like posting my outfits because I think they are SO DRAB!

Andie said...

I pressed enter before I was ready! SO how do YOU think we could dress up our jeans & sweaters? I think that could be a great post.... what are some of your ideas?

Lorena said...

Love how you look ! Very pretty :)

The Adams Family said...

yep, jeans and sweaters can be drab, but your hat and necklace make it the bomb! luv, luv, luv your style (again) - :)

Julia said...

That necklace is SO amazing. It reminds me of some crazy and geometric UFO, but made in polished wood. The only jewelry I want to wear is that which might perhaps be somehow extraterrestrial. :)

xx

Kym said...

I feel your pain - I too would much rather wear tights & skirts, but sometimes it is just too cold. You did a great job dressing up jeans & a sweater! The necklace is perfect!

Lisa_Huong said...

This outfit is too cute! Looks much better without the belt. I love your style, and I'm so glad I found your blog.

Unknown said...

Love that hat on you!

Dayes Doghouse said...

i agree with most of the other commenters... much better WITHOUT the belt.

love the outfit. =)