Thursday, April 01, 2010

Denver

When I visited Disney World in October, I regretted not taking daily outfit photos. My next vacation was to Denver, CO and I made the Beefy Muchacho take my picture every single day.

Day 1
Jacket, Wilson’s Leather. Scarf, Disney. Cardigan, Silence + Noise. Tank, No Boundaries. Jeans, M. Purse, Newport News. Tote, Target. Shoes, Champion (thrifted). Jade pendants, Phai’s House of Jade.

We flew from Cincinnati to Denver, the morning after a big snowstorm. When we arrived, the city was still digging out. While we waited for the road to Beefy's aunt and uncle's house to be plowed, we killed time at the movies (The Bounty Hunter).



Day 2
Sweater, Mossimo (thrifted). Dress, Jovovich Hawk for Target. Tights, Danskin. Purse, Newport News. Boots, Playhouse.

I did my first of many training runs (3 miles) on the morning of Day 2. Then, Beefy's aunt and cousin took us to Sheplers (where I got my boots!) and Boulder. That night, we made a caramelized pear pie.




Day 3
Jacket, Wilson’s Leather. Hoodie, Mossimo. Dress, No Boundaries. Belt, thrifted. Gloves, Target. Leggings, Danskin. Boots, Dan Post.

After a 4-mile run (and a pick-up by the Beefy Muchacho because I hadn’t run in a loop!), we joined my mother for a day at the Denver Botanical Gardens and then dinner at my parent’s house. Unfortunately, I didn’t get any pics at dinner. Shame on me!





I come by my hammy tendencies honestly.

Day 4
Hoodie and tank, Mossimo. Cardigan, Silence + Noise. Scarf, Disney. Purse, Newport News. Jeans, Dollhouse. Boots, Dan Post.

By this point, I was pretty tired, so we had a rest day. I slept in and did not run. The most active thing I did all day was to drink a margarita at Illegal Pete’s and watch Hot Tub Time Machine.




Day 5
Jacket, Dex (swap). Cardigan, Silence + Noise. Belt, thrifted. Dress, No Boundaries. Tights, Danskin. Boots, Dan Post. Purse, Newport News. Owl brooch, swap.

I ran eight miles on Sunday morning. It was a struggle. The altitude was finally catching up with me. (We stayed at 6000 feet.) Then, the whole Muchacho clan and I went to the Denver Zoo.




Day 6
Jacket, Dex (swap). Dress, Jovovich Hawk for Target. Tights, Danskin. Clogs, Kors (thrifted that day!) Purse, Newport News.

I took my sister, Ping, secondhand shopping in Denver. We visited multiple ARC and Goodwill locations and also Boss Vintage, Buffalo Exchange, and the Assistance League of Denver. I will dedicate a full, upcoming post to our thrifting adventure. I hope I don’t spoil it by telling you that the first ARC was in the same complex as a Casa Bonita and, because it was Caesar Chavez Day, parking on Denver streets was free!

(No running on Day 6 – it was my recovery day.)




Day 7
Jacket, Dex (swap). Dress, No Boundaries. Belt, thrifted. Tassel, Epcot Morroco. Capris, Danskin. Sneakers. Champion (thrifted).

I ran three miles and then joined Beefy, his cousin, and his aunt for a trip to the Colorado Springs area. Normally, I would not have worn capris and sneakers with this dress, but they were the only sensible choice for illegal rock climbing. We toured Garden of the Gods, ate at Amanda’s Fonda, and then marveled at the hippiness of Manitou Springs. When we returned home, I borrowed some duck boots to go see a baby horse.




Day 8
Sweater, Mossimo (thrifted). Tee, Gap (dyed orange by me). Jeans, Dollhouse. Boots, Dan Post.

I took my final high elevation run (3 miles). Then I showered and spent some quality time with our hosts’ dog, Ollie.




Some thoughts on my trip:

I'm very proud of myself for continuing my half-marathon training while on vacation and over a mile high!
I wish I hadn't brought any pants at all. Instead, I should have brought more skirts and dresses. I hate jeans.
I want to steal Ollie the dog.
I wish I had spent another day with my family.
The thrifting scene in Denver is awesome!

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

Aw man, you were in my neck of the woods, and I hardly recognize the places in the pictures you've posted. I guess I need to get out more and be a tourist in my own city.

I can't wait to hear about your thrifting adventures!

Bianca C said...

I gotta tell you, when I lived in Denver, I thrifted all the time. That ARC on West Colfax is the BOMB!! Also used to love the Salvation Army in Cherry Creek. I thought it was the same everywhere, and now I know how lucky i was.

Ohhhh Casa Bonita. When you post, please let me know if they still do the "Western" show on the waterfall with Black Bart. :0)

Louise Mc said...

I love your little denim bag. x

Kym said...

Your vacation activities this past week mimick mine when I was there a few years ago visiting a friend. Same locations in almost the same order! I'm glad you had such a great time and I LOVE your new cowboy boots!

Intelligent Tool said...

My dogs name is Ollie, too!

Great pics :)

Sheila said...

Great pictures, and cute outfits! Good job on the 1/2 marathon training!

Nara B. said...

hi sweetie!Loved the pictures!! next time come to Brazil, we gonna love to see your summer outfits...
;)

Anonymous said...

Having lived in Metro Denver for 13 years I totally knew the Casa Bonita/ARC of which you speak. Our family's favorite restaurant is across the street, it's called Chicago. The family that owns it is awesome-- they love their customers.
Too bad you didn't get the chance to visit them.
:) Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Ollie is not steal-able. Sorry ;)

Gina said...

I love it that you call your man Beefy Muchacho. I need to find a man so I can call him cool names on my blog!